Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
FormosaMBA 傷心咖啡店 • 檢視主題 - 有沒有人major in consumer psychology of PhD?

有沒有人major in consumer psychology of PhD?

所有博士申請的經驗交流分享

文章genmy » 2008-04-22 09:43

我認識一個大陸師姐,她老公在TX A&M就是做這個,不過他們鞋校歸在marketing裡
據他本人表示,一般這種消費者心裡如無意外都是歸在marketing底下
他還很酷的表示,當初選這個是因為他數學不是挺好的,而marketing是商學院裡
用的數學算少的,僅次於會計, CB用的數學又更少啦... @@ (他說的,不是我說的... @@)
Happiness cannot exist without sorrow.
http://juliac9508.blogspot.com/
頭像
genmy
中級會員
中級會員

文章: 117
註冊時間: 2005-01-24 15:50
來自: Minnesota

文章stamps » 2008-04-22 21:36

Hi

謝謝!看到這麼多人回我留言真的很感動
我還蠻相信你師姐老公的話

其實我在台灣碩士就唸consumer behavior,所以覺得數學(正確地說是統計)用得還不少
但不是主角
光這點就令我開心了
stamps

genmy \$m[1]:我認識一個大陸師姐,她老公在TX A&M就是做這個,不過他們鞋校歸在marketing裡
據他本人表示,一般這種消費者心裡如無意外都是歸在marketing底下
他還很酷的表示,當初選這個是因為他數學不是挺好的,而marketing是商學院裡
用的數學算少的,僅次於會計, CB用的數學又更少啦... @@ (他說的,不是我說的... @@)
stamps
初級會員
初級會員

文章: 69
註冊時間: 2007-06-24 01:04

文章stamps » 2008-04-22 22:01

Hi Hughes,

Thanks for the suggestion about schools and English. I'll check those departments you mentioned. Actually I lived in the U.S. 6 months about 3 years ago. I heard of the English problem you talked from an Canadian who was taking JD program of OSU. Just as you said, Asian students' biggest problem is language. And usually, it's about terminology. I believe those words in psychology can only be defined in English, not in Chinese. That's my professor told me when I was in graduate school.

It's not a surprise for me knowing that you are the only Taiwanese student majoring in psychology there. I do believe we need courage to embrace it in the U.S.. On the other side, it will be our strength in the future, right?

Thanks anyway! Your words help a lot! Maybe we can talk if you come back Taiwan.

Good luck in the U.S..

stamps

hughes0305 \$m[1]:English fluency is really a big challenge for us, I do do believe!! ...

stamps
初級會員
初級會員

文章: 69
註冊時間: 2007-06-24 01:04

上一頁

回到 PhD 申請交流區

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 1 位訪客