Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
FormosaMBA 傷心咖啡店 • 檢視主題 - A new Taiwanese graduate school network

A new Taiwanese graduate school network

Schulich Schoool of Business 申請人, 同學, 及校友的交流專版

版主: sandarac, chinchin0928

A new Taiwanese graduate school network

文章Sabina » 2009-02-12 01:13

Someone told me about this and asked me to spread the news. Please see below for details.

They try to form a Taiwanese graduate student group affiliated with TYPEA. A lunch on this Sunday will take place if anyone is interested.

=======================================================================================

Dear Taiwanese Graduate Students,

Let me introduce myself first. My name is Leon Yen and I am currently in the 2nd year of my
MASc (Electrical Engineering) program at the University of Toronto (UofT). Right now I am the
Graduate Advisor for the ROC (Taiwan) Students at UofT (ROCSAUT) and am also associated
with the Taiwanese Young Professional and Entrepreneur Association (TYPEA) of Toronto.

As you may have already been told (or invited) by friends, there will be a lunch gathering this
coming Sunday. I will be inviting as many current Taiwanese graduate students in Toronto as
possible. If you know any other Taiwanese graduate students from any institution
(UofT/York/Ryerson/OCAD/etc.), please forward this invitation to him or her. Thanks!

Date/Time: Sunday, Feb 15, 2009 @ 11:30am
http://www.mandarinbuffet.com/locations_toronto.html
Participant: 25-30 (reservation was made under my name)

The main objective for this lunch is to provide an opportunity for Taiwanese grads to network
with each other. So far, we have people from various departments including Engineering,
Medical Science, Business, Linguistic, and even Music.

Meanwhile, we will be discussing the possibility of forming a society (or an association) for
Taiwanese graduate students here in Toronto (TGST). There are many advantages to have
this type of organization, and we will be deciding whether or not to proceed with the formation.
In addition, I have also invited representatives from TYPEA, ROCSAUT, and YTSA to tell us
more about their associations so that we can have a general view of what Taiwanese
organizations are doing here in Toronto.

Please do not hesitate to contact me via phone at (647)292-1553 or via email/msn at
email@leonyen.net should you have any questions and/or concerns regarding this event.

Best Regards,
Leon Yen
Sabina...
頭像
Sabina
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 3
註冊時間: 2008-09-10 11:05

Re: A new Taiwanese graduate school network

文章sandarac » 2009-02-12 21:57

Sabina \$m[1]:Someone told me about this and asked me to spread the news. Please see below for details.

They try to form a Taiwanese graduate student group affiliated with TYPEA. A lunch on this Sunday will take place if anyone is interested.

=======================================================================================

Dear Taiwanese Graduate Students,

Let me introduce myself first. My name is Leon Yen and I am currently in the 2nd year of my
MASc (Electrical Engineering) program at the University of Toronto (UofT). Right now I am the
Graduate Advisor for the ROC (Taiwan) Students at UofT (ROCSAUT) and am also associated
with the Taiwanese Young Professional and Entrepreneur Association (TYPEA) of Toronto.

As you may have already been told (or invited) by friends, there will be a lunch gathering this
coming Sunday. I will be inviting as many current Taiwanese graduate students in Toronto as
possible. If you know any other Taiwanese graduate students from any institution
(UofT/York/Ryerson/OCAD/etc.), please forward this invitation to him or her. Thanks!

Date/Time: Sunday, Feb 15, 2009 @ 11:30am
http://www.mandarinbuffet.com/locations_toronto.html
Participant: 25-30 (reservation was made under my name)

The main objective for this lunch is to provide an opportunity for Taiwanese grads to network
with each other. So far, we have people from various departments including Engineering,
Medical Science, Business, Linguistic, and even Music.

Meanwhile, we will be discussing the possibility of forming a society (or an association) for
Taiwanese graduate students here in Toronto (TGST). There are many advantages to have
this type of organization, and we will be deciding whether or not to proceed with the formation.
In addition, I have also invited representatives from TYPEA, ROCSAUT, and YTSA to tell us
more about their associations so that we can have a general view of what Taiwanese
organizations are doing here in Toronto.

Please do not hesitate to contact me via phone at (647)292-1553 or via email/msn at
email@leonyen.net should you have any questions and/or concerns regarding this event.

Best Regards,
Leon Yen

This is good for those who will stay in Canada, thx for sharing Sabina...(-^-)d
Sandarac Lee, MBA, Class of 2008
頭像
sandarac
高級會員
高級會員

文章: 539
註冊時間: 2004-11-05 00:23
來自: 台南

Re: A new Taiwanese graduate school network

文章EILY » 2009-02-22 23:29

well....
I heard they just screw it up :P

And they r NOT welcome the one who is GRADUATED...like me....
They only want "graduate student" who is in school now....

Interesting... isnt it?
EILY
新手會員
新手會員

文章: 3
註冊時間: 2007-03-18 22:12

回到 Schulich Schoool of Business

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 1 位訪客