Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
FormosaMBA 傷心咖啡店 • 檢視主題 - Internship Offer - Sony Japan - USC Class of 2008

Internship Offer - Sony Japan - USC Class of 2008

申請實習準備 、實習Interview與實習生活討論

版主: modern

Internship Offer - Sony Japan - USC Class of 2008

文章cburger » 2007-03-26 16:55

Hi All,

Just got an offer from Sony Japan: Felica Division (Contactless IC). I will be doing some biz dev work for them during the summer. I will share some of my thoughts later on interviewing and securing internships.

Good Luck Everyone,
cburger
中級會員
中級會員

文章: 136
註冊時間: 2006-04-20 04:12

文章訪客 » 2007-03-26 18:08

Congratulations!!!
Could you let us know your application process of intership?
We are also interesting in that.
訪客

文章cburger » 2007-03-26 19:06

I think I am too excited to sleep... ha

might as well just put some productive uses to my time ^^

Background
Undergrad in Computer Science from UBC, Canada
3 yrs of experience in a Taiwanese Credit Card application system company

Internship Search Time line
December - NY Recruiting Trip
January - Started seriously editing resume/cover letter
Jan to Feb - major effort in sending out resume
March 5 - First interview with Sony Japan
March 21 - Second interview
March 26 - Received Offer
cburger
中級會員
中級會員

文章cburger » 2007-03-26 19:30

Internship Searching Tips

be receptive to new ideas
Coming from a technical background, I wasn't sure what field I want to be in (actually, I am still not sure). So I started by looking at my skill sets and see what would be a good fit for me. I started by looking at the consulting industry. The first tier of consulting firm was basically out of my reach so I focussed on 2nd tier firms such as PwC, Ernst & Young, etc. Industry-wise, I am interested in the gaming industry (video, card, arcade, etc). Also because of my background in credit card industry, I was looking at Visa, MasterCard, etc. Then i also look at the hi-tech companies.

I guess the point is to try to explore as many opportunities as you can. Of course for people who are very specialized, this approach probably doesn't work well, but I still encourage people to at least explore different functions and industries that your skills can apply too.

start your resume/cover letter revision early
for international students, i would suggest that the earlier you can start working on your resume/cover letter, the better. MBA only gets busier as the classes continue. We also have to worry about improving our spoken English in the mean time. You will also probably need to tailor make your resume/cover letter as you try to look for positions in different industries. So if you can at least start editing earlier, you will be less pressed for time later

network outside of MBA
you have to 'differentiate' yourself by exploring opportunities that may be outside of your school's career service. If you only rely on your school's resource, you will be only competing with your fellow classmates. It's a zero-sum competition. If you have your own unique leads, you would have more chances

help each other out
as you are networking outside of school, you might find some opportunities that don't fit you, but might fit one of your classmates. Refer your classmate if possible. It will leave a good impression on both your contact and your classmates.

aim high, but be realistic
look at your current skills and consider your best-case scenario and worse case scenario. You need to re-evaluate the situation periodically and determine if you need to switch your effort
cburger
中級會員
中級會員

文章jason » 2007-03-27 00:41

cburger \$m[1]:Internship Searching Tips

be receptive to new ideas
Coming from a technical background, I wasn't sure what field I want to be in (actually, I am still not sure). So I started by looking at my skill sets and see what would be a good fit for me. I started by looking at the consulting industry. The first tier of consulting firm was basically out of my reach so I focussed on 2nd tier firms such as PwC, Ernst & Young, etc. Industry-wise, I am interested in the gaming industry (video, card, arcade, etc). Also because of my background in credit card industry, I was looking at Visa, MasterCard, etc. Then i also look at the hi-tech companies.

I guess the point is to try to explore as many opportunities as you can. Of course for people who are very specialized, this approach probably doesn't work well, but I still encourage people to at least explore different functions and industries that your skills can apply too.

start your resume/cover letter revision early
for international students, i would suggest that the earlier you can start working on your resume/cover letter, the better. MBA only gets busier as the classes continue. We also have to worry about improving our spoken English in the mean time. You will also probably need to tailor make your resume/cover letter as you try to look for positions in different industries. So if you can at least start editing earlier, you will be less pressed for time later

network outside of MBA
you have to 'differentiate' yourself by exploring opportunities that may be outside of your school's career service. If you only rely on your school's resource, you will be only competing with your fellow classmates. It's a zero-sum competition. If you have your own unique leads, you would have more chances

help each other out
as you are networking outside of school, you might find some opportunities that don't fit you, but might fit one of your classmates. Refer your classmate if possible. It will leave a good impression on both your contact and your classmates.

aim high, but be realistic
look at your current skills and consider your best-case scenario and worse case scenario. You need to re-evaluate the situation periodically and determine if you need to switch your effort

Ah, really useful tips, thank you for sharing and good luck to you
頭像
jason
中級會員
中級會員

文章: 140
註冊時間: 2005-03-26 18:05
來自: London

回到 實習生活討論版

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 1 位訪客