Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/formosam/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
FormosaMBA 傷心咖啡店 • 檢視主題 - [討論]AI 178

[討論]AI 178

有關 AWA 的討論園地

版主: shpassion, Traver0818

[討論]AI 178

文章chloemoney » 2005-08-20 22:10

這個月看到有人考到這題(我還真沒有看過這題),想了一下要怎麼寫,但是不知道這樣會不會不合題意。請大家幫我看一下。謝謝哦!

Most people would agree that building represent a valuable record of any society’s past, but controversy arises when old buildings stand on ground that modern planners feel could be better used for modern purposes.

It might be true that most people would agree that building represent a valuable record of any society’s past. Views differ greatly when it comes to the issue of whether old buildings should be pulled down or rebuild when they stand on ground that modern planners feel could be better used for modern purposes. As a matter of fact, the issue is a complex and controversial topic. Different people hold different points of views because of their distinct background and experience. But for my perspective, I consider that it depends on different conditions. In the follow discussion, I would like to present some evidence to support my point of view and also give other examples to refute cursory.
In the first place, I agree that all build represent a valuable record of any society’s past, but I disagree that we should keep any old buildings. For instance, there are numerous japanese buildings because my country was once the colony of the Japan. It is true that these buildings represent a valuable record of a special period. But most of these are too shabby to live, and the sanitary condition is horrible. In my opinion, we can keep some of them, but pull down others. In this way the ground can be use in other purpose, such as library, or modern office.
In the second place, we should reserve “particular” buildings, no matter where these building stand. In other words, we should keep the buildings which are meaningful or with historic significance. For example, in my country, we keep the Confucius Temple. It presents not only a culture, but also the spirit of virtue. When I was a child, my teacher brought students to the temple. He told us who is Confucius, and how he treated people, what we can learn from him. Furthermore, in Germany, they reserve prison camps that were used to immure Jews in the World War Two. By this way, they remain themselves how important the peace is, how horrible the war is. They keep these architectures to tell others countries that they plead guilty.

In summary, we don’t have to keep any old buildings because a good modern planner can keep the distinguishing features and give the residents better life quality. Moreover, we should reserve the buildings that are meaningful or with historic significance.
時光無法倒流,我只想大步向前
chloemoney
中級會員
中級會員

文章: 81
註冊時間: 2004-11-14 12:54
來自: 新竹

文章freshmanduke » 2005-09-05 13:15

我第一次考at AWA就是遇到這題 哈哈
頭像
freshmanduke
中級會員